Saturday, July 16, 2011

Am I considered a self employed dental hygienist? If so, do I just pay income tax, etc. at the end of the year?

If your giving the dentist an "invoice" and there is no taxes coming out of your check then Im sorry I have a feeling your considered self employed. Which means you are now responsible for all taxes............ Im Curious how much do you get paid an hour ?? ......................You loose a lot having to pay your own taxes therefore you should charge him extra because of that. I have to say I have only ever seen Dentists be self employed, never hygiene. See an accountant for your taxes, trust me you don't want to screw that up. Chances are you have to file monthly, or quarterly for estimated taxes, then of course end of year. See a professional because the fines are horrible if you get it wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment